Thursday 29 April 2010

Heartbeat

I heard the baby's heart beating today at the hospital. The perfect sound of life growing inside me. Now I sit at my computer watching the clock to the right of this post. It ticks relentlessly, counting down to the baby due date and the date which my novel should be complete. The ticking reminds me of the heartbeat and for the first time I smile at it. Time is my friend not my enemy. There is no need to panic. Of course I will finish the book before my beautiful baby is born.

I've written 1000 words today already. Over the bank holiday weekend I will finish another 5000 and I hope to visit the setting for my story and conduct even more research.


My head already feels full with research, indeed facts and figures are seeping from every pore, yet I know I have only touched the surface. The waters below are deep so I must continue to dive.

No comments:

Post a Comment