Thursday 18 February 2010

In the beginning

In the beginning there was London

and there was

Literature.

I was only five or six when my dad first took me on the dirty, noisy tube from leafy Richmond into Central London. I remember walking along Regents Street staring skywards, marvelling at the large, imposing buildings. I loved feeling so small somewhere so inconcievably big. I enjoyed the rush of people, their voices, faces, feelings. I would walk through a crowd unable to see beyond a sea of legs yet I thought it exciting not suffocating or scary.

Back at home I found excitement in stories. By day I would read everything I could get my hands on, by night I would create tales and share them with my sister. She begged me to tell her just one more story and I was happy to oblige. She always said I should write them down.

So I am writing them down and hopefully I will be publishing them at some point. Meanwhile I'm enjoying reading, writing, attending literary events and now writing this blog which is about two of my favourite things, london and Literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment