Monday 22 February 2010

The Queen of Procrastination

I indulge in procrastination on a daily basis. So married am I to the cause that I can spend all day NOT writing a single thing. Instead I stare blankly at clothes I can't afford or read news I have read many times before. I stare at meaningless images of celebrities and read banal stories that have no consequence for me or anyone else other than to our waste precious time.

Someone once declared me the Queen of Procrastination. How nice, I thought, to have been bestowed a title for my work, or lack thereof. I thought it was important to recognise that writers need time to think, to dwell, to wonder: my weak argument for the word count refusing to budge. It wasn't until my friends had written the fourth or fifth draft of their novels, while I was still dwindling on my first, that I began to see my title as a cause for concern.

I needed a way to climb out of the procrastination time warp. So what did I do? What would help me finish my novel? Well I created this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment